LOAT Trausdorf

Noch keine Bewertungen vorhanden

1.The Original

This report was only possible through the generous help of the former base commander. Thank you very much!



South of Eisenstadt

Reconstruction of the original condition


In 1938, construction work on an airfield started south of Trausdorf. The following buildings were built:

1 main building (flat for groundskeeper and two apartments for officers)
1 large farm building
Several small outbuildings
2 bunny stables (angora hare fur was used for parachute production)
1 economic barrack
1 washhouse
1 barrack for the flight line
4 accommodation huts (1/2 accommodation - 1/2 classroom)
2 hangars (different sizes)

In order to make aircraft landings possible on the extensive wetland, extensive drainage had to be carried out.
1939 - Stationing of the "B-training" of the Fliegerschule Bad Vöslau
April 1943 - departure of the aviation school. For about four weeks deployment of the Jagdgeschwader Mölders and Udet
May 1943 - Outside area of ​​the air base Wiener Neustadt, which was completely overcrowded at that time. Thus, according to Trausdorf, e.g. some Ju 52 relocated.
1945 - Use of the airfield by the Red Army
1955 - civil airfield
In recent years, air traffic has been increasingly restricted and finally stopped altogether.

Today: Model airfield and parking for sailing yachts. Rare helicopter landings of the Austrian Armed Forces.

Former airfield dimensions:
In north-south direction: 600 meters
In east-west direction: 860 meters

The flight school:
In Trausdorf four groups with 48 students each were stationed. With trainers and other staff that resulted in a total of 260 people. Each group was joined by a group instructor and six to seven flight instructors. The training required a large number of aircraft. In Trausdorf 100 to a maximum of 112 aircraft of the following types were stationed:

He 72 cadet
Bü 131
Bü 133

The student pilots completed the first 60 flights accompanied by a teacher. This was followed by independent flights, during which they had to circle the church towers of Trausdorf and Siegendorf. It was around the clock aircraft noise, since the night flight training took place here. Later in the training the practice flights became more and more extended and led to Markersdorf or Brno. A major disadvantage of the location Trausdorf were the frequent storm warnings that hindered the operation of the aircraft.

State today:
Since the airport buildings were never bombed (the airfield itself has already been hit), many of the typical buildings in the distinctive Nazi architecture are still preserved. Only the wooden barracks have completely disappeared except for a foundation.

The residential building and the large farm building are still recognizable today (right picture border). Hangar and Tower are postwar buildings. The original hangars were in place of the windsock. The foundation of the smaller hangar is still preserved (left half of the picture).


To the picture: Overall view of the terrain. The tower and all hangars were created after the Second World War. On the right side of the picture is the municipality Trausdorf, in the background Eisenstadt and the Leitha Mountains. In the foreground the "Hutweide", the former airfield. At the site where there are two hangars today (right of the center of the picture), there were once the student students' barracks (possibly the foundations are identical).

 (Source: http://www.geheimprojekte.at/flugplatz_trausdorf.html)

1913 to 1994
On a part of the pasture was until 1994 the Trausdorfer airfield. Even today, the distinctive tower and a few other buildings remind of the air traffic. After a twelve-year legal dispute, the competent authorities withdrew all permits from the sports flying club based in Trausdorf. The airfield came to supraregional renown on the occasion of the Pope's visit in 1988, when around 100,000 worshipers gathered on the expansive lawns to celebrate the Holy Mass together with John Paul II.
From the chronicle of the airfield (Source: Brochure on the occasion of 140 years Urbarialgemeinschaft - community Trausdorf, published in 2004):

First plans
In 1913, the Eisenstadters were lured into the street by a peculiar noise. At an altitude of 500 meters, one noticed an airplane, which flew towards military upper secondary school and then drove to Trauersdorf, where he settled on the pasture. In 1925 it was discussed to build for the young state capital in the vicinity of the Eisenstadt station in the direction of Trausdorf a Linienflughaften. But this plan was never realized.

In war
It was only in 1936 that the Trauersdorfer airfield was founded on the initiative of the Federal Army. In 1938, the German Air Force took over the airfield. Until 1945, the airfield served war purposes. Fortunately, Trausdorf was spared aerial warfare throughout the war.
Peaceful use
1955, after deduction of the occupying power, there was no air traffic. 40 hectares of the airfield area were leased and used for agriculture. The Union Sportflieger Club, founded in 1950, began operations and began operations in 1957. Approved was an airfield for powered aircraft up to 2000 kilograms and gliders. There were two runways in north-south and east-west directions with a length of 1100 meters and 800 meters, respectively.
A leasing contract from 1963 regulated the release of parts of the pasture to the Sportflieger Club: The Urbarialgemeinde leased about 80 hectares, the political community about 10.5 hectares. The lease was concluded for a period of 20 years.

Noise pollution is increasing
In the early 1970s, a firing system was built to enable night sightseeing flights. Three hangars were built. The flight operations became more and more extended and caused more and more noise. In 1974, the political community of Trausdorf complained to the state government about the aircraft noise for the first time. In 1973, there were already 35,000 launches and landings of powered aircraft. The construction of a paved runway was rejected by Trausdorfer page strictly. In 1977, the state government approved the construction of a tower.
The Urbarialgemeinde and the political community decided, after expiration of the lease in 1983, this no longer extend. This decision was not taken note of by the Union Sportflieger Club. There followed a years-long lawsuit. Only in 1994, the club stopped its flight activities completely.

 (Source: http://www.trausdorf-wulka.gv.at/index.php/tourismus.html)

2.The scenery

The scenery is based on publicly available information and photos created in September 2018 on site.
All objects have been new created.


not available

3.Functions (summary)

  • Photorealistic buildings at the Airport and the neighborhood
  • Compatibel to X-Europe V2.0 from PliotBalu
  • Groundtexture
  • realistic lighting and night-textures


Just copy the folder " LOAT Trausdorf 2.0" in the compressed file after unpacking in the "Custom Scenery" - folder.

directory structure:


          Custom Scenery /

                 LOAT Trausdorf 2.0/

                          Earth nav data and others)

and restart X-Plane.

5.Recommended settings

To visualize all light effects, HDR should be activated. The higher the settings for "texture resolution" and "airport detail" the better the quality of the scenery but the more affect on the FPS ratio.

6.Required Software

X-Plane® Version 11.11+

7.Used Libraries


8.Recommended addons

Although the scenery will work without any addons, we recommend to use the following ones for the whole experience (pictures taken with addons installed):

simheaven_X-Europe-1, -2, -3 by PilotBalu,
Download von: http://simheaven.com/simdownloads/x-europe/



Ben Supnik                              WED (Version 1.6.1 verwendet)

marginal                                   Sketchup-Plugin


If you like this Scenery, we appreciate your donation:

  LOAT Trausdorf 2.0.zip