LKH Schladming

Noch keine Bewertungen vorhanden

The model


After the First World War, the Protestant Association for Inner Mission sent a deaconess to Schladming who looked after the population in a nursing home. During the Second World War, a military hospital was built, from which a provisional hospital operation in Coburgstrasse with 45 beds developed after the war. In 1945 the Association for Inner Mission in Styria was dissolved and incorporated into the Upper Austrian Association. Thus, the hospital in Schladming came under the sponsorship of the Protestant Diakoniewerk Gallneukirchen as a deaconess hospital.
Between 1958 and 1960 the hospital was rebuilt by the architect Dipl. Ing. Andreas Herdey, Graz. The inauguration of the new house took place on June 26, 1960. The deaconess hospital was mainly surgically oriented and also had an obstetric ward. In 1961 it had 71 systemized beds.
At the beginning of the 1970s, problems such as a lack of staff due to the departure of deaconesses and lack of space due to large increases in performance and taking on new tasks came to light. In order to at least eliminate the blatant lack of space, planning of an extension began, which in turn was carried out by the Herdey architects from 1973 to 1975. In addition to the medical director, a specialist in anesthesiology could be hired in 1971 and a specialist in surgery in 1975. With a resolution by the Styrian state government, the hospital was granted public rights on June 29, 1981, so that it is now A.ö. (Generally public) Deaconess Hospital Schladming. The 70s and 80s saw a high increase in performance and an increase in beds to 130 maximum capacity. On February 1, 1989, the Department of Internal Medicine and the Institute of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine were opened. In 1988/89 the hospital was rebuilt, refurbished and above all equipped with modern medical technology in order to meet the technical expansion of the range of services.
In 2002, the hospital set the course for specialization within the surgical department in general and trauma surgery by establishing a trauma surgery department. Efforts have been made since the beginning of the 1990s to rebuild the Schladming Deaconess Hospital. On October 18, 2004, construction began in the Maistatt district of Schladming. The new house was built as part of a PPP (private-public partnership) model by a specially founded construction company “DKV”. The Evangelical Diakoniewerk Gallneukirchen as the building owner and legal entity of the house, the Steiermärkische Krankenanstaltengesellschaft m.b.H and Vamed were involved in DKV. The Munich architects Nickl & Partner were responsible for the architecture. After exactly 25 months, the new Deaconess Hospital Schladming was put into operation on November 17, 2006 when the patients moved from the old location to the new house on Salzburger Strasse. The opening ceremony and blessing took place on June 28, 2007.
On January 1st, 2014 the Deaconess Hospital was transformed into an independent company, the Klinik Diakonissen Schladming GmbH. The society is 100 percent owned by the Evangelical Diakoniewerk Gallneukirchen. (Source:

The Szenery

The scenery is based on publicly available information. All objects have been recreated, but not all parts are shown realistically due to inadequate images. However, it tried to stay as close to reality as possible.


Largely photorealistic buildings at the clinic site

Realistic lighting and night textures


Ben Supnik WED (Version used)
marginal Sketchup-Plugin

made by Kurt H.

If you like this scenery, we look forward to your donation:


    LKH   (XP 11)